Sunday 11 September 2011

The Day Before Tomorrow!

The film 'The Day After Tomorrow' is a story about the possible end of the world, whilst this blog post is very much about the start of a whole new one for us!

Today is the single last day that we are just a two-some! Ever! We are 11 days overdue and so first thing in the morning we are heading to Bassettlaw Hospital to be induced and to finally get to meet our little spawn that we have been brewing all year!

It feels very surreal - a word I first heard in GCSE Art all those years ago but didn't understand until now. Every time I heard it previously I think I would just imagine a load of droopy clocks and cloud balloons and stuff! But from now on the word surreal will very much mean this very moment of my life!

It feels like we've been pregnant for ages. I can barely remember before though bizzarrly this year seems to have gone really quick, and Boxing Day, when we found out about the baby, seems like just yesterday! Strange! It's probably because Milly got really big very quickly and the last two or 3 months have been quite difficult, thinking we were going to be early, trying to wait until September, difficult nights, aches, pains and all the rest of it!

I'm really pleased we managed to hang on until September. I very much would rather have a beginning of school year child, than an end of year one. I don't know if it was just me, but I do think there is a slight advantage to September babies. If I'm honest I didn't feel that I was disadvantaged in my early years having been born in July - it was later in life when everyone zoomed ahead of me! But I still always wanted an older child, so we'll see what happens now I have one!

Tomorrow is going to be a strange day. I'm looking forward to it so much but also a little nervous. I have always been a little squeamish and that's been very focussed on during this pregnanyc, will I be there or won't etc, but there was no way I was ever not going to be there, and I know I'll be fine. I don't want to look worried or panic about anything so I hope the focus isn't on me - I'm sure it won't be!

Parenthood doesn't scare me a lot, I feel like I've been waiting for this for years but I won't be going into it with my eyes closed. I'm not one bit looking forward to minging nappies, midnight feeds and projectile vomit but every part of this will be well worth it. In fact, I'm not that fussed about the night time stuff, I feel I can handle most of that - or just sleep through it! I know I will be wanting to get up with it and I know I won't be able to out it down! I say this now, I just hope I don't get too knackered. I never have massive amounts of sleep now anyway, haven't done for years but I know this won't be on the same level as that.

Got no real preference to gender either. We've got names for boths and I must say I definately love our girls name and would love it to be a girl just for that! Not the only reason though, but I don't want to think that and then be disappointed with a boy! I certainly wouldn't be! A September boy! Deffo gonna be a Liverpool striker!

I must say here as well that Milly has been great through her pregnancy. She's always glowed, always made the effort and she's had quite a bad time these past couple of months, her back really hurts and she's had some tough nights but she's never got down about it, she's been brilliant. I just know she's going to be a great mum. I certainly hand picked the best of them there! Seeing how she has always been with children I just know our lives are going to be full of so much fun.

It's been great to get my hands on my new neice Peyton too. That is my sister's baby who was born just over 3 weeks ago and is utterly gorgeous. I just want to hold her forever! I hope our little ones get on so well, it will be so nice. Kelly and Craig are great with her and are gonna be brill parents. It will be nice having the four of us so close.

I was always gutted that my other little neice Bryony lived so far away so I don't see much of her at all, and Elisyia who is my step-brothers new daughter just lives with her mum so again won't see hardly anything of her so now we have one of our own and with Peyton too, it's going to be great.

I don't feel phased by anything parent wise. I think most of it is just common sense. Some things I'm not too sure about, like what do they eat forever?! I didn't know they should just have milk for ages. I know they shouldn't have like steak straight away, give it a week, yeah?! But again I'm not phased by it as I know we will learn lots as we go along.

Anyway, need an early night as it will probably be a very long day tomorrow! Look forward to the big announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment