Friday 7 January 2011

6 Weeks? 10 Weeks? Twins???

Just over a week of knowing now and already it seems like it's been a lifetime! That's not a bad thing, it just feels like we've known for much longer. Already Milly and her mum are picking bits and bobs up!

Although we decided not to tell anyone outside of the family before the 12 week scan, I think it's safe to say that all family, most friends and all work colleagues know, but we're still not making it officially 'public' just yet.

Milly's bump has really taken off over the past few days. I wouldn't expect her to have one for many weeks yet but she's developed a massive one in such a short space of time that it leaves us wondering whether she really is only 6 weeks!? We had a midwife appointment booked for 26th January but she's now had this changed to 18th and booked into Bassetlaw for a scan next Monday (10th), I can't wait! AT least this will give us an idea if she is further along, maybe there is more than one in there, or maybe she's just doing a great impression of a camel and holding a lot of water!

I was on top of the world when we first found out but over the last few days haven't been as buzzing as I initially was. Again, not in a bad way, but I couldn't be like Milly will be for the next 8 months or so, constantly on cloud 9 etc but it's more to the fact that I'm really trying hard now to get things ready for it. Financially more than anything. I'm gonna work so hard to pay off all our credits so that we can chill out and spend money on it when it comes, or is near. I don't feel like I can start spending for it yet this early, which is why I'm not fully in the air about it all, but last night we went to Asda and just looking at the childrens clothes in George made me feel funny, like I'm gonna be buying my little girl / boy a cute little outfit soon! I really can't wait and I know I'm incredibly excited about it but just keeping my feet on the ground for now, otherwise it's going to be a long pregnancy!!!

1 comment: